Today I'm not doing my violin practice. In fact, between writing a boring blog and doing my violin practice, I choose writing a boring blog. So that's why I'm writing this right now.
I simply don't understand why I'm not doing my violin practice - apart from the fact it sounds like a dying cat with strep throat and I usually injure myself in some way or another - because I generally quite like it. The fact that I clear the room within about ten seconds is a definite bonus. And when I move onto double stop scales, everyone's doors seem to shut at once.
Sometimes, on a hot day, I yawn and stretch my bow up to the ceiling, forgetting that the fan is still on. Then my bow gets a good beating and I have to quickly riffle through the insurance papers to check that if the cracked bit on the end did eventually fall off, I might be able to get it back.
Other days I get a crick neck from playing it for so long, and I can't turn around so I walk like a constipated robot all day. Or my scales become so monotonous I fall asleep while playing. Many people
many people what?...
ReplyDeleteJust do the practice!!!! And it sounds great!
ReplyDeleteAre you saying that you don't like fans? Must be the only performer who doesn't.
ReplyDelete